Let's start this off with the wonderful announcement that I got an iPad for our anniversary in April. I happen to adore my new found toy, I think it is the most wonderful thing to hit this green planet since Limeade lipgloss.
I love reading, it was the main thing that drew me toward our new pet iPad. The first app I downloaded was iBooks. Not only are there millions of books for sale in the iBooks store, there are around 30,000 free classics as well. Most of these are books from the Gutenberg Project, an online database of classic literature, royalty free I might add :)
I couldn't resist immediately sticking my hand in the free bookie jar. I started where any girl should, Jane Austin. I had previously read only Pride and Prejudice. What a delight. I couldn't put them down, I just love getting to happy endings.
Next I decided to purchase some books. I turned to Oprah's book club list and chose The Pillars of the Earth for my next read. Let's just say Oprah and I don't have the same taste...I was so disturbed by situations in this book that I stopped reading half way through. I'm not a quitter, so I decided to save myself the horror of having to read the rest and looked up a summary online so I could know how everything turned out. That doesn't count as quitting right? I'm creative in getting out of situations I don't like without exactly quitting. If you ever feel tempted to read this book, just don't.
Beau is getting antsy, so I will continue my adventures in reading soon. Sorry if this bored you, but reading is one of my favorite activities these days.
Friday, May 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment