Thursday, August 6, 2009

Summer Days Drifiting Away

Where has the summer gone, I can't believe it is already August. Even more crazy is the fact that we are only managing the apartments for another week or so. WOW. Now we are going to be big kids and move in somewhere that doesn't belong to my parents and where we actually pay rent. We have done a lot of fun things this summer, we went down to Lagoon, camped with my parents, and went to the Bradley family reunion. Was that an experience, the biggest thing I got from that is I can (or think I can...) name Beau's 11 aunts and uncles (12 Bradley children including Beau's pappa-yowza) and their perspective spouses. I never imagined I would have such a large family. We had a bit of fun on the way up when we drove Beau's parents truck. I knew I should have listened to my dad, he always told me Fords were bad news. Below was the outcome.




We sat in Teton Idaho, in a church parking lot, in our camping chairs, until Beau's cousin Scott came and rescued us from Rigby. The funny part is the next day when they went back to fix it, it worked perfectly....stupid truck! That was an adventure. We got to go on a big hike at Targhee I didn't eat a very big breakfast because I didn't think it would be a long hike since the whole clan was going but it turned out to be a pretty good one. I was pretty tired at the top but the views were amazing. We would have had a great view of the Tetons at the top if it weren't beginning to rain freezing cold rain. Luckily, we got to ride the ski lift down the hill so we didn't have to walk down. Unluckily, the rain really started to hit hard when we got on so Beau's two young cousins and I rode it down for 15 minutes and were soaked and freezing by the end. We drank hot cocoa in a shop at the bottom...in July.


Please note the looming clouds

The next day we had the Bradley Family Olympics...a time honored tradition. I am proud to say that Beau and I took first place in the baby burp contest...basically Beau had to carry me then I had to down root beer and burp..which wasn't hard because I'm not used to carbonation...at all. We also filled like 300 water balloons and shot them up in the air while people tried to catch them. Quite entertaining! The weekend was a fun time, I managed to survive without running water (which is usually my one camping necessity)

Now we are getting ready to move again. I am looking forward to staying put for awhile.

1 comment:

  1. We'll definately be following your newly-wed adventures! I'm married to Beau's cousin. (Scott's brother.) It's nice to "meet" you and be able to see what you guys are up to. We have a blog too so check it out! :)

    ReplyDelete